For gifts of stock to the ministries and endowments of Diocese of Superior please follow the procedures described below. Please indicate your specific wishes (i.e. Seminarian Endowment etc.).
Gifts of stock can be made easily with your broker’s assistance by electronic transfer.
- Request that your stock broker transfer the stated number of shares electronically to the Diocese of Superior.
Diocese of Superior Acct. #302-51648
Your broker may contact Deb Sinnott, Investment Associate, RBC Wealth Management
- 1420 London Road Suite 201, Duluth, MN 55805
- Direct telephone 218-728-8424
- Toll free 800-753-3246
- Fax 218-728-8410
However, such contact is not required to complete a transfer by DTC.
- Please contact Steve Tarnowski at email@example.com, to confirm your gift and assure that you receive proper credit. When calling or e-mailing, please include the name of the stock, the number of shares, the date of the donation, and the purpose of the gift.
Stock certificates physically held in your possession can be gifted to the Diocese of Superior.
For stock certificates with the donor’s name:
- The donor must send a signed stock power with a medallion guaranteed signature (may be obtained from your bank or broker). Mail the unendorsed certificate(s) and stock power in separate envelopes to Diocese of Superior OR The donor must endorse the certificate(s) over to the Diocese of Superior (you can use the form on the back of the certificate) but they must have a medallion guaranteed signature on the certificate(s). Mail the certificate(s) registered mail.
- Send a dated, notarized letter indicating that the shares are a gift to the Diocese of Superior. All holders of record on the front of the certificate(s) must sign the letter. Mail the certificate(s) to the attention of Deanna Franco at the address below.