by MEGAN NOLL
Welcome to the Office for Marriage, Family and Youth! With the ongoing challenges to family life, Bishop Christensen has asked that we provide additional services to strengthen married and family life (effective July 1, 2012). Our office will continue to serve youth (7 - 12 grades) and young adults (18 - 39 years of age) through initiatives for parishes and organizations to keep the young church alive and engaged.
In consultation with various leaders, we desire to:
- Assist parish priests, deacons and parish life coordinators in marriage preparation
- Create awareness about the Church's teachings on marriage and family
- Support and strengthen married and family life
- Provide faith opportunities for all youth (grades 7-12)
- Form leaders through catechetical instruction
- Develop relevant and current materials for married life, for youth and for all families, e.g., dignity of the human person, healthy relationships with friends and family, faith & identity, parenting
- Plan and promote events related to marriage, family and youth, e.g., NCYC, Rallies, Holy Hours, Retreats, Mission Trips, Sports Nights, World Marriage Day
In collaboration with the Office of Catholic Formation, we offer Leadership Days several times a year. It is our hope that together, we can bring Christ to others.